- Must be a full time student between highschool and middle school ages.
- Must be from a low income household say $50,000 joint income.
- Must have recommendations from 2 teachers, (music teacher and 1 other teacher).
- Must submit grades at the beginning of the scholarship and keep them up for the full duration of the donated lessons.
- Must show continuous improvement on guitar as proof of practice.
- Must pick up the guitar and complete interview with in 30 days of the announcement you have earned the scholarship.
- Must submit a video entry answering the following questions and you will be interviewed on video at the beginning of the scholarship.
- Why is your education important?
- What motivates you to be succeed?
- How does music inspire you?
- What makes you want to play guitar?
- Tell us a bit of your story. What struggles have you experienced and how have you overcome them?
Thank you for your interest in the Northwest Guitars scholarship. We are a family business located in Bellevue WA. We are a local shop dedicated to the love of guitar, music and all things musical. We have seen many struggles in our personal lives and seen struggles with others in the years we have had our business. We have seen frustrated kids turn to guitar for inspiration. We have seen the struggles of musicians and experienced first hand what is possible for ones committed to success..
We want to give back to our community and give someone the opportunity that they might not otherwise get. If you love the idea of guitar but can’t afford one. If you are willing to work hard to bring your grades up and also work hard at learning guitar than apply right away! Apply with a video submission and fill out the official form.
This scholarships are limited and only given to 1 student every year. The point of this scholarship is to give an opportunity to a dedicated deserving student who is enthusiastic about learning guitar. To give an opportunity to someone who would otherwise be unable to attain. We reserve the right to revoke the scholarship if the student is not showing dedication and enthusiasm. You must show up on time to your lessons each week. For further questions and details talk with Sean at SeanNorthwestGuitars@gmail.com